Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Days :)


Today I attempted my first domestic woman event since the birth of my second child. After neglecting my oven and dehydrator for nearly a week I made roast chicken and glazed carrots, then used the dehydrator to make homemade raisins, peach crisps, dried blueberries, and dried chamomile flowers for tea. Naomi was in her swing, content at the moment and Jenna comes screaming to me in the kitchen that her nose hurts.  I asked her if she was picking it again and that is why we don't pick our noses because it hurts it.  Jenna sobbed, "No, Mommy, it's stuck!" What's stuck? "Mindy's food!" Jenna saw the tiny dog food bites and thought it would be a great idea to stick it up her right nostril.  I can't be totally freaked out about this because at around her age I did the same thing with a pea.  Mine shot out when I gave my nose a good blow. But it took a very long half hour to get the hard dried kernel out of Jenna's nose.  All I can say is thank God for my mom rushing over to hold Jenna down, tweezers, and the Baby Comfy Nose Nasal Aspirator I got from One Step Ahead or I might have had to take her to the emergency room.


As for Naomi, she was supposed to start her special colic formula today to see if it would make a difference from the breast milk. I was supposed to take a four day break and pump my milk to keep up the supply.  Unfortunately Naomi refuses to take a bottle and even after missing one feeding I thought she would be starving enough to take the bottle at the second feeding.  She took some, but immediately spit it up and screamed until about an hour later when I gave in and went back to breast feeding.  Surprisingly she seemed to do much better today with the colic.  Jenna made up for the nose incident by being in bed and asleep by 7:15 p.m. Naomi joined her at 7:30 :) Now I am off to watch a non cartoon movie with my husband! A first in a month! Happy Days are here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment